1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bidding large lot annually

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by dgc, Oct 27, 2009.

1. dgc

dgc Junior Member

Bidding large five acre lot per year to include salt and snow removal.
    last year we plowed snow five times and salted 12 times .
    any suggestions for getting this to a competitve number.

2. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

give a little more info and I can give you what I would bid but you are far away from me so we are gonna have different numbers but you can plug in your data. and I guess now that I read this again I am not even sure what you are asking what is a competitive number=price?

3. jbis1782

jbis1782 Member

need mor info to help

4. dgc

dgc Junior Member

its about a 5acre lot. it includes walks salt and plow.its staight push lot.were thinking it would take about 3hrs with 3pieces in there. and about 4tons of salt per

5. RDS

RDS Junior Member

WHat kind of pieces are you talking about
    3 trucks or 3 loaders
    how are you doing the walks?

TAke your anticipated hours x hourly rate per piece of equipment and use a good hourly rate not a cheap one. Take salt x cost of salt + what you want to make per ton applied
    Keep in mind that all your equipment requires maintenace especially spreaders. They need maintained a lot so you want to bill accordingly.

I would say 5 acres would run with minimal walks $1000.00 - $1200.00 per 3-4" snow + salting cost.

6. dgc

dgc Junior Member

i would say roughly 500ft of walks

7. dgc

dgc Junior Member

2 loaders 1 truck is what were thinking

8. dgc

dgc Junior Member

we will probably use a blower on the walks cuz its new concrete