1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding jobs

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ropenwendy, Oct 6, 2010.

1. ropenwendy

ropenwendy Junior Member

I am sure this has been asked millions of times but right now I get very limited access to the internet(Don't have it at home) and don't have time to read all of the posts. This is the first year I will be doing this and wondering whst the going rates are. I will be doing private homes and businesses. Will be using shovel and snowblower. I am considering getting a blade for my truck but don't have the money yet. Thanks for the help.
  2. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

depends on the area (location)
  3. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

You'd be better off talking to contractors in your local area to see what rates are for your specific region.
  4. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Going Rate?

Please do yourself a favor and don't ask for the "going rate". Calculate your costs per hour based on your overhead and expenses. We have a CD that will do that for you and it only cost $79.95. It calculates your break-even point based on your company's information. Every business will have a different cost per hour of operation thus establishing their own selling price. Do yourself a favor and start off right. Good luck.

If you have any questions, please call me at 800-845-0499 or check out our web site.