1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bidding jobs IOWA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by WheelerandSon, Aug 25, 2008.

1. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

Hey all,

Just getting back into the plowing game. Had trucks a few years ago, but mild winters made me sell them. Last winter changed my mind. I am wanting to pick up just a handfull of small/medium commercial lots to keep two trucks busy. I never really had to go out and solicit business before as it was all word of mouth, but since I have been out of the business for a few seasons, I will need to go out and sell.

Do you guys recommend just going out and knocking on doors to drum up some accounts, or do you have other ideas???

Any input would be great.

Ryan

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

READ the other posts. Your question has been asked AND answered a bunch of times. If you WERE in the business you should still remember how to do it. JMO

3. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm begining to like HYDRO more and more! :nod:

Bossman

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Thanks Bossman :drinkup: Like I have said before and many many others have said.....READ and LEARN.