1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bidding in ft wayne IN

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by rayf268, Oct 25, 2006.

1. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

I am going to do a few commercial and res. drives and was hoping there might be someone in my area who can give me a idea of the market for pricing . I am also only going to be able to start pushing as early as 630am due to working 3rd shift I know I will need to find places that open later so I can have them cleared out . How does everyone think this will effect residential drives I know most would want plowed before dawn I guess I can always say I can have it looking better in the day light , you think they would buy that .. purplebou

2. snowpoe

snowpoe Member

I do alot of residential drives & do not start on them until after the commercial ones are done around 7am.The older people are ussually in no hurry & most can get out in the morning & just want it done buy the time they get back from work.
    Churches & Bars are another thing to look into,as some do not need to be done early

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I'd say go for it. Just don't take the ones that need to be done by a certain time. I only have one that has a time set to be done and that's where my route starts, otherwise it's whenever I get there. I've started putting it in my bids that I may not be there until 24 hours after cessation of snowfall - that's what's allowed by State law for businesses.

4. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Teachers are a good bet as well. If it snows they dont have to go to work.

5. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Thats a good idea Mick. Call me stupid but I never thought of that.:D

I always love the people that call up with the driveways on a big storm and say you think you can get here in the next hour.Ow sure no problem ;)