1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding Help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by lawnMaster5000, Oct 16, 2006.

1. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 Senior Member

I in the past have worked as a SUB on several shopping center lots and am familiar with plowing techniques. I am finding some difficulty in determining what is a competitive rate on this job site. It is a Condo complex in St. Louis, MO.

They are asking that the property be salted for all forecasted winter weather and snow removal to begin with 2-3 inch accumulation as determined by forecasts and salt melting effectiveness.

This job is for the road ways and main driving portions of parking areas only. There is no shoveling of walks and no need to pull snow out of each parking area. There does seem to be adequate room to stack the snow on site without the need to remove from the job site or even around the site.

I would like to be able to give them a bid for salting and snow plowing on a per storm basis. For this area I think a 0-3", 3-7", 7-12", 12"+ seems a reasonable break down, but would like your guidance.

I have a Blizzard 810 with v-box spreader and another truck for backup.

The total distance of the yellow line on the picture measures 2.19 miles.

Low Res Picture of complex is attached.
    HM Proposal.path2.19.LR.jpg
    High res image is available at http://good-times.webshots.com/album/554889462UTOLmX

Thank you for your assistance.

HM Proposal.path2.19.LR.jpg

2. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Well that place looks like it is nice size. I would charge 900 hundred dollars for 2 - 4" then 4-6 " 1400 hundred 6-8" 1900 hundred 8-10" 2400 hundred 10 - 12 2800 .What you want to use for salt just Rock salt?

But those are my prices ever ones price seems to be a little different I was just basing that edition off one that I kinda do that is about the same price.

RCGM
    Brad

3. lawnMaster5000

I am thinking that I will need about 1 cu yd of salt per application so

Salt only per application: $145

Plow pricing will not include salt. Bid that as per trip.
    Plow 3-6" $285 (2 pushes)
    Plow 7-12" $461 (3 pushes)
    Plow 12+ $660 (3-4 Pushes)
    $110/ hour for loader services if needed

Please let me know where you think I am on these prices.

Thanks for your assistance.

4. lawnMaster5000

So I can already see I am WAY under on this and thats why I am asking on here. Thanks Brad.

And yes, just plain rock salt (dry) or I might be getting a chute sprayer for prewetting

I appreciate everyones help.

-scott

5. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

I would say under a grand for the minimum for sure
    not too hard of plowing but lots of houses means less area to pile up.
    That is what will kill you with big snows
    extra time not blocking driveways.