1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bidding for a backhoe

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by xc23, Jul 4, 2007.

1. xc23

xc23 Member

I am looking for a little info on pricing maybe someone can help. I just purchased a 1994 555 D 4x4 hoe .I have a 12' pusher from my old 555 2 wheeler but I never sub out before. I am looking to sub out to another contractor to do a large lot approximately 3hr per snow .Should I charge per hr ,per push, Or by the season And how much to be fair .I have worked w/ this contractor the past few years doing snow removal but never plowed a site this large. thanks for any info.
  2. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

Have you talked it over with the contractor to get an idea of which way he'd like to do it? I'm not shure on rates in your area but most often subbing is done per hour round here.

Bet the 94' is better operating than the 81' congrats on the new to you hoe.
  3. xc23

xc23 Member

Thanks for the reply ,I'll speak w/ the contractor and get an idea how he feels about it . And yes the 94 is great I have done some digging for drainage systems and a new foundation for an addition and it is incredible. I'll get some pics on the pics site when I get some free time.