1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bidding&estimating

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by bellcityplow, Aug 6, 2009.

1. bellcityplow

bellcityplow Junior Member

This will be my 2nd season as a subcontractor. Last season I had two accounts both of the contracts I signed with the general contractor paid per inch (1-3 inches paid "x" amount so on and so on). My general contractor is giving me additional accounts this season and wants me to bid these per push on my own (the same 1-3 inches so on and so on). The problem that I'm having is one of the accounts was .19 cents per 100 sq ft. and the other was .52 cents per 100 sq ft. including salt. How do I bid these additional accounts when there is such a difference in the per 100 sq. ft pricing with the accounts I did last season? I don't want to lose the accounts nor do I want to have my eyes gouged out either. I'm in Wisconsin. I also have a question about bidding sidewalks. One account I was getting $1.21 per 5x5 sidewalk square for snow removed and salt and the other account I was getting .53 cents. Please help!!!

2. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

Determine what your costs are, determine how much you want to make, add the two together and you have your price.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Don't worry about what somebody else did. Figure out your own price.

4. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Where are you located in WI?

5. bellcityplow

bellcityplow Junior Member

Actually I'm in Sturtevant,WI. everyone seems to know where Milwaukee is and Kenosha is and not Racine, I see your from west bend so I'm sure you know.

6. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah I know where that is. I've been there before. You can PM me with questions if you want.