1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding commercials

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by kemmer, Nov 5, 2006.

1. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

Quick question, how do you get to bid your commercial properties, do you ask them or do they call you?

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

They call us, mostly referrals, or out of the small yellow pages ad.

3. NASConst_land

NASConst_land Member

Most all commercial properties are owned by a person and they pay a property management company too find the people to plow, and landscape and that stuff. You should be in contact with property managers, or the people that own the buildings themselves.

Most people will not call to get bids unless they are having trouble with the current contractor. So you must contact them. Persistence pays off. Bid a property, you dont get it, but tell them well if you have any problems heres my number if i am in a position to help i will. Then make sure you bid again next year, they will remember ur name and give u a chance if you can sell yourself and company. We have bid on things for 3 years without getting the contract and then the 4th year we get it. Just have to catch someone at the right time.

Make friends with property managers, they can give you alot of work.