1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bidding commercial snow removal

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cody123, Jan 30, 2002.

1. cody123

cody123 Junior Member

we've been working as subs for some large snow removal companys and now have equipment and manpower to go after our own commercial contracts.we're interested in malls large complexes etc.Desparatly seeking info and guidelines on how to safetly and intelligently bid these jobs.please help!

2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Hi Cody, welcome to Plowsite!

Regarding your question, I can't offer any info on the bidding process (I'm working as a sub myself) but you mention "been working as subs for some large snow removal companys", if you have subcontractor agreements with those companies, do they include non-compete clauses?

Just don't want to see you get into "hot water" with anyone when bidding.

3. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

This is a good opportunity to join SIMA. They will help you from there. It is what they are for. Visit www.sima.org Good Luck.

4. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

There are many great posts about bidding from the last few years that will help , and you can use the search to find them.

The biggest factor to bidding is estimating the time involved on a facility you have never done before. ITs tough untill you get some experience. When you have your time figure, then you can obviously multiply it by your hourly wage needed and you have a start.

Just remember to bid it as if you were going to hire a sub such as yourself to do the work, and you as contract holder still need to make a profit over that and cover your fixed costs such as insurance, etc.

No easy formulas for this.

Read lots of advice from the PROS on here, and at SIMA. I've learned 20 years of snow removal in the last couple years here at the computer.