1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding commercial sites

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowman2007, Dec 8, 2007.

1. snowman2007

snowman2007 Junior Member

I am a subcontractor to a snow management co. I have insurance three trucks, loaders, vbodys, gate spreaders and ATVs with plows. I think it's time to start bidding on my own!
    How do you start figuring out how to bid sites?:dizzy

2. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Don't be afraid to make an enemy!

Are you doing sites start to finish with only your equipment for the contractor? If you are then you already know the hours it takes to complete them. The contractor is probably adding 15-20% on top of what he pays you. That is a good place to start.

If you are not afraid to make an enemy, go into the store, business, etc... and ask who you would speak to regarding a bid. State that you have actually BEEN their service provider already, and you would liketo present them with a direct bid. If you have done a good job, they will realize that they have an opportunity to axe a middleman and not gamble on whether or not their service will change. Just make sure you are properly insured and able to handle the billing, contractual, and other administrative stuff in a professional way.

3. snowman2007

I have a contract with this company so bidding on sites that we service now would break that.
    But I have several leads for other sites that are fair game.
    What is the basic formula for bidding?

4. snowman2007

Anyone out there to help a fellow snow pusher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!