1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding an Apartment Complex

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by elshauno, Aug 27, 2008.

1. elshauno

elshauno Member

I'm bidding an apartment complex for 350 a push and salt for 150 Think the price is about right?[​IMG]

2. elshauno

elshauno Member

Sorry the image isn't displaying see if that gets its [​IMG]

3. elshauno

elshauno Member

[​IMG] How about now?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  4. salopez

salopez Senior Member

how about a little info....size....scale...# of spaces...sidewalks no sidewalks...

can't give you an opionion without info....

can we move this to the bidding forum....?

5. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Yeah a little more info would be great........also where can you pile the snow......etc.......i think a v-plow would work best in that lot.....cars to the left and right!

6. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

you need to consider, a few factors for appartments

most of the time, you cant plow them at night, you need to start the clean up process after 9 AM, and be finished by 2 PM,

this is kinda nice , because you can offset it with other accounts that would be plowable at night, but not during the day ... in other words , you can work your truck longer, with out the customer feelign like they are getting put off till last

the down side... unless its just 3 inches, you will need to come by and plow the drive lanes, while its snowing, and after... so if it snows at 5 PM, you will need to plow it then ... might come back at 4 AM, before ppl go to work .. then clean the entire lot at 10 AM, next day?

so i would give them a price for "only drive lane cleaning" or if your pricing per inch , keep that in mind you may need to service them a few times, even on a light storm

also , it doesnt look lik ethere is much place to put the snow, in fact most of it, might have to be pushed staright the length of the lot... unless your using a bobcat, or V blade , it will take longer than you think

side walks are next to the parking lot, so if your plowing, i wouldnt count on throwing the snow towards them...even if they are using there own staff on the walks,... next think you know they will be complaining about the little spill over you have. just make sure you clearly figure out were the snow is going....

7. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Agree with this whole post, also during a big storm clean-up is going to be needed. Some cars dont move for a day or 2. Also what happens when the idiots throw the snow back in the road?:realmad:

8. elite1msmith

from chicago

yep... i would consider that too

heres one of the biggest problems.. apartments are cheap normally... if you charge them every time you drop a blade, they may feel "nickel and dimmed" then again maybe not

if you dont come back, then the stuff they throw out on to the drive lanes , freezes down , at the price of salt , i dont think you want to be letting that happen, so rechecking the lot after the clean up , is something to consider as TLS stated

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Agree.....i believe during a deep snow they are one of the toughest places to plow, just no-where to put snow! Unless you bring in a loader or bobcat!

10. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

the aparts we plow have to have the cars out of lot between 11 and 2 for a clear plow and anyone that doesnt move more than once gets towed

i would also charge a little more for salt

11. elshauno

elshauno Member

Thanks for the feedback I like the towing idea I'll have to put that into my bids. I think that place will take about 3 hours to plow. plus coming back and I have a straight blade so it wont be exactly what I call easy. And I did think I was low on salt I think I'll raise that by 75 to 225

Thanks for the replies I really appreciate it

12. elite1msmith

from chicago

consider wings for your plow, iv never used them , but i hear they help a little, also remember what i told you about the Before , and after part....

13. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Good luck man, just be ontop of things and you will be fine!:drinkup: