1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding a townhome complex

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Lawnguy1, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Lawnguy1

Lawnguy1 Junior Member

I just recently received a lead to bid on a complex about 20 minutes from my house. The complex is about 40-50 units, the driveways are about 30X10 and it includes plowing the roadways... One of the residents that wants to help me get the contract recently showed me the budget report from the previous years of what they spent on snow removal/ lawncare etc... The previous years... 04-05 was $15,000 and 05-06 was 12,500... Last year we didn't have a winter in Rochester... I only plowed about 4 times!!

I'd like some recommendations on what are the pros and cons of bidding this job... I only have one truck... my 05 f350 diesel with an 8' fisher. I could probably get the job and sub it out or pay a sub to work with me on the job. Or I could bid the whole job out and take the lawncare for myself.

Any suggestions or comments welcome.