1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding a town house complex

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joel B., Jul 30, 2002.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

Have an opportunity to bid on a 11 unit (six of the units are two family ones, and the other five are four family units) town house complex. The bid would consist of plowing 11 driveways only no sidewalks and no snow removal. Do I just figure what each driveway would cost and multiply by the average number of snowfalls (I'm still looking for average # of snowfalls in Mpls. MN) or is there a special way of bidding/pricing town house complexes? This would be a nice account for me and I appreciate any advice.

Thank you,

Joel B.
  2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

yes i would figure what each drive wood cost but there should be some sot of a break becuase they are all there and you don't have to drive from place to place
  3. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

Is there a main "street" or drive that connects all the driveway's that you need to maintain?

However much plowing you have to do on any one storm - figure out how much time you'll have plowing. For instance 11 drives might take 1/2 hour. .5 hrs x $150.00 per hour = $75.00 per push. $75.00 per push x 20 avg snow falls = $1500.00 for the season.

Obviously these are arbitrary numbers... so plug in your own. Once you get the final number play with it a little. Long term contract - maybe a slight discount - or no price increase. If you have to repair turf damage (or if you're going to do it anyways without being asked) figure another $350 (or whatever). If there will always be cars in the way or lots of traffic - consider this.

How much more would it cost you to shovel out in front of the garage doors? Do you have someone riding with you or no? If so, it wouldn't cost that much more and you could differentiate yourself by adding the service at a nominal cost giving you an edge over someone else.