1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding a neighborhood

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by KYFF205, Sep 10, 2009.

1. KYFF205

KYFF205 Junior Member

I am bidding on a neighborhood for this winter season but have never bid one before. This is only my second year bidding and I didnt have to do to much last year most lots were givin to me. Guys I work with say bid by the hour.. Can anyone help?

2. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Not hourly here, per push. Find out what they want (the customer) and bid accordingly.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

By the push, or season if that applies in your area. Why are they getting a new contractor? I would talk to the guy that did it last year and find out what's going on. I would be suspect of payment problems in this situation.

4. KYFF205

KYFF205 Junior Member

We are getting the contrat due to friends that we work with at the fire house..... They are head of neighborhood acc. just looking to get us going. they said they would give us the bids from last year and if we bid it just $5 less we would have it cause they go with lowest bid.

5. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Low ballers

6. Dubliner

Dubliner Senior Member

I wuoldn't trust them, be afraid, be very afraid. You owe it to the last contractor to at least talk to him, you needent tell them the proposal, just see if there were problems JMHO:salute: