1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding A Commercial Property

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PLMaint., Oct 22, 2005.

1. PLMaint.

PLMaint. Junior Member

We have this property that we provide lawncare for,and now they want us to do the snow removal. I'am not sure of the square footage, but I do know that it will take about 45 min. to no more than an hour. They do not want a per push price, they want a price for the season regardless the number of times we come out,and yes we will be salting. The price I was going to submit is 3125.00. Thats 125.00 per push including salt x 25 pushes, does this sound close.
    By the way I'am new to the site,and its great, alot lot of you guys give very good information, I'am glad to see guys that have been doing this for a long time share information. Thank You.

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

in my area we avarage $125.00 per hour per truck plus 25cents per pnd for salt.i think you need to charge more for the salt

john

3. PLMaint.

PLMaint. Junior Member

Cardoctor

How does 150.00 per push including salt x 25 pushes total 3750.00.
    Increase of 625.00 to cover salt.

4. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

PL, see what their budget is. What if they say ok, we have $10,000 budgeted for snow removal regardless of the snowfall amount. You will be in. On my commercials I just say ok whats budgeted, and either I can do it for that amount or I cant. I have never heard of per push pricing...

5. gpin

gpin Senior Member

Cover yourself, don't just "chase" an account. Sell your service to the account. You are a known entity to your customer and offer a high degree of reliablity. Good luck.

6. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Pl you need to find out the going rate per hour in your area. Up here in Waterfordf MI I charge a rate of $125.00 a hour so if I bid a lot and know it will take a half hour I bid it at 62.00. You need to know how long a lot will take and where to put the snow.

Good Luck Mike

7. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

Here in Maryland, I charge $125/hr per truck, salt is .35/#. I try not to bid contracts that want a flat season fee, its too unpredictable. Although, when I have submitted bids like that I make sure to bid on the high side of average, just to cover myself.

Keep in mind your not going to apply salt each time you plow either. Some storms you may plow 2 or 3 times, then do a final salt pass. Dont sell yourself short. Theirs plenty of work out there.

Good luck.