1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bid this small lot and walkway

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by jbsplow, Oct 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

hey guys I have been on my own for 3 years now. I have about 23 driveways and 4 small commercial accounts. I have had this bar for 2 years now and I want to jack the price up a little due to the traffic and high insurance cost this year...

Below I need a price for push on ''1 trigger

The green outline is side walks and all has to be done with a blower. its a pain on the small driveway outlined in green because he has 2 huge vans there so I cant get my truck in there to plow it. I need a bid for blowing everything in the green, plowing the lot outlined in red and a salting price for the lot in the red. I can do all of this in about 45- 1 hour by myself. i don't think im charging enough at all.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

$29.99 if you act now.

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

How much are you charging them now?

$19.99. + they pay for your fuel, but only if they sign up in the next 30 minutes.

Q, why a snowblowers for 1" of snow on the sidewalk?

Q,if it snows 6" in 24hr, do you plow it 6 times?

are you bidding on both business? the bar and the HAVC shop?

ps next time use your sniping tool, as a screen shot still leaves the search bar with the concordances.http://boulter.com/gps/#42.9338799 - 88.4063243

Capture.PNGbid.PNG

4. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Snowblowing with a 1" trigger? Leaf blower!

5. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

No I have a 2 inch trigger it was a typo. Never mind lol didn't know everyone on here was going to be such a big hard@ss

6. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

Lol I'm not to worried. I know the owners way to well they woundlt let anyone steal it from me anyways.

7. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

then why did you get paint out and try to hide it?

If you "know" the "owners" ask them what they paid last year and why they are looking for a new guy?

8. jhall22guitar

Ok, either way the blower is overkill. Have someone do the walkways with a shovel unless its over 5" while you are plowing. Backdrop the driveway and then push to the sides.

For plowing the lot will you be going every time there is 2", or will he only let you plow "X" amount of times in 24hrs? We need some more information so they will stop joking.

9. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

Ok we're getting off topic. Didn't know you were such a keyboard warrior. No one will take it from me and I can guarantee you that consider one of my family members runs one of the company's.. And the other guy retired after plowing for 25 years and gave it to me. It's right in north prairie wi, owners name is Scott give him a call if you want to try and take it lol. I just wanted to see what other ppl would charge but I guess I'm asking in the wrong place with some big dogs behind the screen

10. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

I plow it when we get 2 or more. If we get a big storm I go 2-3 times to keep it open. If we get 5-6 inches I usually will go open it then come back later and clean it up after its done.

11. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Actually my post is right on topic.
    And I handeled you with kid~ gloves.

Why don't you call them up, ask, hey, if you don't mind me asking....
    As you say you know them and there now "family"....

What I or anyone charges has nothing to do with what you charge,
    It's time to grow up and stand on your own 2 feet.

We have been doing what you asked,
    And you don't like the answers.
    And you certainly don't like it when your asked a question.

You see we can't do your home work for you.
    Or were you expecting us to sit down and spend the time to write up a proposal for you?

You tell us, what would you charge......
    You go first.
    Then someone will chime in with , your to high or to low.

And what about salt?

:waving:
    Ps im not the one who is trying to hide the info, you are,
    And a sec ago you dint care,
    Now it seems I hit a nerve

12. jhall22guitar

Ok, so you had the place last year, how much were you charging last year? Per push? per 2"? how much for salt. How long did it take

13. jhall22guitar

Not to be a jerk, but people who come posting the way your first one was get the same response. We need more information. People forget that everyone on here is spread across the country and into canada. every region is different. With some additional information like what you would price it at, we can say if you are high or low for our area, and hopefully give you the response you are looking for.

14. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

First of all nobody likes to just bid a job for someone else, its not the way its done here. Tell us what you think it should be and we can go from there. Every area is a little different, Jersey and Philly areas charge twice as much as I would.

15. Mark Oomkes

I wonder if lawyers\doctors\electricians\plumbers\CPA's go to their respective web forums and ask others how much they should charge?

16. Mark Oomkes

10x as much. ;) :rolleyes:

17. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

$50,000. for a 2 day event for about a 5 acre? lot. I will never forget that.

18. jhall22guitar

Maybe thats why the lawyers here cost so much. They are either stupid expensive, or remind me of a past member here that may have um... flown away. :rolleyes::laughing::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

19. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

. I get 300$ for everything including salt it's never taken me more than 90
    Minutes. I use 75-100 pounds of salt depending on weather. Now you masters can start flaming away lol

20. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

It's not worth me time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.