1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bid this property

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by ducaticorse, Nov 22, 2013.

1. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

I already have my numbers. Just curious at to what others would put on it.
    up to 70 inches with salt seasonal walks included. Complex is located in metro west Boston MA

plow.jpg

2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

$250-$300 plow,walks, & salt X your events for seasonal

3. ducaticorse

from we

I know what they paid last year, and know what they are paying this year. And I can tell you that you are WAY low for this area. Without looking, I bet you guys have more action than we do here, so maybe that evens out a bit..

4. BC Handyman

ok, how about, $120plow, $150 walks, $40melt(walks) & $130 salt(lot) $450

5. ducaticorse

from we

Getting a little warmer, but still under. I am still analyzing the 10 year average/individual events and amounts for a hard number for this specific location. My guestimate based on past totals and billing has you under by quite the margin.
    How many actionable events do you have per year where you operate?

6. BC Handyman

about 30 events of an inch + I will say though I dont do per event, I do seasonal or per visit with 2-3 price levels for diff snow depths. More eh, hmmmm maybe I should move to boston.....naw those accents would drive me nuts ;) JK

7. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Couple questions.

You push snow past the garages and pile it, or does the snow come out and go to the other end of the complex?
    You do the back sides of the living units too, or only the front access from the parking lots?
    Where does the snow get piled?
    What is the trigger?
    Salt at the end, or more often?

I will say, assuming the answers to these questions myself, that I would want $16K to 18K a year..

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  8. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

45k seasonal, more if they have outdoor living spaces as part of the walks to be shoveled/ salted.

9. BC Handyman

45k wow how many events is that based on?

10. jrs.landscaping

from Maine

Fourteen plowable, thirty salt events

11. Buswell Forest

from NH

[​IMG]

12. jrs.landscaping

from Maine

You should ask that to the guy charging 6k per season...........

13. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer 2000 Club Member
    from Carver

31K all in

14. BC Handyman

:laughing: good reply, thats what I would say if I was the PM or owner of that property. even at 15 plow, 30 salts, thats $1000 a visit :eek:

15. jrs.landscaping

from Maine

Seeing as how there is something you don't quite understand about seasonal bidding I'll try to explain :nod:

Your bid is 300 per event multiplied by 22 events (plow/salt combined and averaged)

300 x 22 = $6600.00 per season

My bid (a little steep I know) comes out to $2,245.45 per the same 22 events.

So as an example, I will assume this property is zero tolerance as far as trigger, during Nemo we plowed with the storm on zero tolerance properties, pre treated with salt and salted after the storm.

We plowed (each unit) for 40 hours, so figure 2 men shoveling/throwing walks and one truck or skid plus 3 tons of salt FOR ONE EVENT.

skid/truck with plow or box $150 per hour
    two man sidewalk crew $100 per MH
    3 tons of salt purchased/spread @ 130 per ton

40 x 150 = $6000
    40 x 200 = $8000
    3 x 130 = $390

Total for ONE EVENT $14390.00 putting you $7790 in the hole on one storm. Yes my numbers are inflated, yes I would dedicate one skid and two men shoveling because I think the contract would be zero tolerance. I'd rather be high on my price than be in the red after the first large storm ;)

16. jrs.landscaping

from Maine

Too late to edit, my math was off :eek:

100 x 40 = 4k on sidewalks

4000 + 6000 + 390 = 10390

so you're only 3790 in the red :laughing:

I will also add my price would include stacking/removal and site visits after storms to check surfaces for treatment......

17. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Your price on your Ice melt is that with labor or just ice melt if just that's very cheap. From the photo looks like will take more then $40 worth of Ice Melt. Ice melt cost 3x more then salt does

18. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

45000 plus additional for moving or removing snow...lot of trim work to make it look nice...always add a cleanup day after a plow event

19. ducaticorse

from we

Winner winner!

20. Buswell Forest

from NH

I am just that good!