1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bid this property #2

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Big Nate's Plowing, Jan 5, 2003.

?

price for lot & front parking area & walks

1. <$100

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  2. $100-125

5 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. $126-150

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  4. $151-175

8 vote(s)
    15.7%
  5. $176-200

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  6. $201-225

6 vote(s)
    11.8%
  7. $226-250

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  8. $251-300

5 vote(s)
    9.8%
  9. $300+

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

another one for your pricing pleasure:D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1st one is strait accross from one side to the other 21 spaces, no cars after 5, the seccond one is the side lot, 400 ft deep maybe a little less, 3 loading docks and 1 overhead door, about 125 feet wide, or 10-12 passes, no salt on lots but front walks are shoveled & salted.

~Nate~

2. asphalter1

asphalter1 Junior Member
    from 08527

That's a $ 250.00 account. I for one have drivers to pay and being fron n.j. they don't work cheap.I wouldn't touch it for less.

3. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

No salt, I would walk.

Geoff

4. Big Nate's Plowing

I have a liability waiver on file that was drawn up by my lawyer that was signed and notorized, someone gets hurt, their a$$ not mine.

BTW I bid it out and won @ $160.00 including walks

~Nate~

5. Sno

Sno Senior Member

You told me 130.00 Nate...

Which is it?

6. Big Nate's Plowing

$135+$25 for the walks, I told ya $135 for the plowing, just billed them friday so send me a bill for x-mas
    ncls LLc.
    1009 Nela Pky
    Toledo Ohio 43615

7. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

how big are the walks ?? and how long does it take you to do the walks ???

8. Sno

Sno Senior Member

Asphalter,
    Those are my piles of snow in that picture.

You are right, it took some time. The snow sat a few days and Iced up under the snow. Took at least two hours if you count just a little drive time.

It's funny to see the low ballers on the poll, anything below Nates 165 I guarantee will be out of business soon.

Nate has pretty low overhead, he may be ok.... If he slows the beast down. :waving:

But I tell you this, In a three day snow storm, you would have to almost live in that lot if you plowed every two inches.

Might squeeze a couple more if they are close.

Poor truck....

:rolleyes:

9. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 Senior Member

no doubt at least 250 per plowing. JUST plowing. Time is money and it costs to keep the rigs running let alone gas and supplies and stuff. Sorry Nate but in my neck of the woods you'd be a low baller.

10. asphalter1

asphalter1 Junior Member
    from 08527

look at the poll results..i'd like to know who will do it for 100.00

11. rockcrusher4x4

rockcrusher4x4 Member

I'll be the first to admit I bid it for a $100 the first time I seen it but after reading the other post just now and seeing the higher bids I had to take a second look and now I see why missed the other half of the 2nd pic:eek: could of been a real loss if it would of been one of mine now that I looked at the whole lot it would be between 175.00 -- 190.00.
    Joe

12. Sno

Sno Senior Member

LOL
    Come on..... Some one raise a hand....

Hahhaa...

13. rockcrusher4x4

rockcrusher4x4 Member

asphalter your looking for the quy that bid 100 and under sorry that wasn't me I am one of the 4 that bid 100 -- 125 but it was the the lower.
    Joe

14. Big Nate's Plowing

different reigons bear different prices, I am seeing what others would charge. the added plus is that I picked up mowing & landscaping from the snow removal which is worth far more then $50 here $50 there, they just accepted a $3k proposal for landscaping which will cost me a whopping $536 in materials and 8 hours of work, so $2k in profit......new 52" mower:D :D

~Nate~

BTW, I too would like to find out who bid <$100:rolleyes:

15. dozer

dozer Junior Member

Maybe if you did not try to bid them so low you could afford to buy some markers to prevent yourself from hitting another island. Just a thought.

16. Big Nate's Plowing

may be if you were not such a smart ass you would have recieved a warm welcome from me....oh well another n00b on the ignore list

oh and all of my property's are staked, I was doing sub work when it happened :rolleyes:

~Nate~

17. Sno

Sno Senior Member

Chuck! Chuck!

Another argument broke out....

:D

18. Big Nate's Plowing

19. Sno

Sno Senior Member

Nate,
    You need another pole on "overworked snow plowers"

Maybe we can run statistics on arguments VS Snowfall accumulation..

LOL

:drinkup:

20. firemedic680

firemedic680 Member
    from BG Ohio

Ahhhhh , here we go again . Wierd part is , im starting to look fwd to these :confused: