1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bid this property, #1

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Big Nate's Plowing, Jan 5, 2003.

?

what would you quote for this lot?

1. $20-30

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  2. $31-40

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. $41-50

14 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. $51-60

25 vote(s)
    29.8%
  5. $61-70

9 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. $70+

32 vote(s)
    38.1%
  1. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

This is mostly to see what the money spread is. I am not going to reveal what I bid it out @ but I gave them a deal and they sell me truck/plow parts for cost + 10%

I plow out in front up to the red chevy, then push all the snow down the 30 foot wide ally that is 50 foot deep, I do not plow the side with the vehicles on it, no salt. Bid away:D

[​IMG]

~Nate~

2. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

nate,

I don not see the red chevy? is it straight ahead in the pic??

Pete

3. Big Nate's Plowing

4. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

That's a good area to contract at should you have a breakdown of some sort. You can either get a tire repaired or purchase auto parts and fix it yourself back in the alley, shielded from the weather. Just plow during their business hours!;)

5. Big Nate's Plowing

and the best thing is that they have extended hours, both of them during storms:D and I get net+10% on parts

~Nate~

6. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

All you need now is a dinor or kiwkee mart across the street! Why go home?

7. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Plow (per push) = $175.00 Salt=$75

8. Big Nate's Plowing

Does that include vastaline too??;) ;) I need to move by you. I was the not the cheapest by a long shot @ $45 with light salt ($35.00 plow & $10 salt for the walks)

~Nate~

9. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Then

So much for that Nate!!

10. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

Goes either way...

Good topic, I think it's a good idea about the weaver is a good idea, does it work, or has anyone ever had to use one in a case? If so I would like to know the outcome.

Nate - Can you post the wording of the weaver? Just curious if it's anything like what I use.

"If Salting is requested, salt is spread on surfaces only to help assist in controlling icy conditions and the company, driver, and plowing personnel will not be held responsible for accidents that may occur if icy conditions are present. "

Or something like that, I would like to know how it was worded if possible.... always looking to CMA...

:cool:

11. KLMlawn

KLMlawn Member

With my current pricing schedule, and without actually seeing the property in person and looking at the alley, probably about $150 up to 6" and $25 per inch over that. Sand/salt mix would be $90 a yard with a 1 yard minimum. Walkways or shoveling for door access would be additional.

12. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Vaseline is $30.00 more ;)

13. KLMlawn

KLMlawn Member

No, I include that in my pricing ... NO CHARGE :D

14. Dave1250

Dave1250 Member

Just my 2cents

I do not think in your area that it will fly . But $125.00 to 150.00 would be my bid I think it would take about 1 1/2 to 2 hours with about 6 to 8 " of snow .It looks likes you have to back drag around a car or truck . Vaseline is in poor taste If you want to here from others then you get the highs and lows from all over the USA .

15. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

In the ballpark of $150 for your 2-6" snow. But it would only take me about 45 min MAX. MAYBE an hour if I have to wait for some Yahoo to move their car. Salt ..... I salt at 24 cents a pound. Probably take ~600lbs or $150 dollars worth. All depends though. Not sure where the "property lines" are in the forground. And as long as you can put the pile up by that "red Chevy".

Oh, and no sidewalks.

16. windmill

windmill Senior Member

My price would be around the 60 - 70 range without seeing it. (I probably wouldn't get it though:mad: ) Assuming it is about a 1 hour push. I would probably do the side walk quickly. Sand/salt mix in critical areas about 30 extra.

17. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

I think it would more productive to ask how long will this lot take you?

Me under an hour per push (every 4-6"), I don't salt and I don't do walks.

18. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

And area has alot to do with it.

150-250 per a push? At a minimum 30 events pushes a year here $7500 a season? I would be laughed out of town.

I get a bit more than that for 300 unit apartment complex, but not much.

19. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

ok then I will be the token scrub and say $19.95 apush..:rolleyes:

hehehehe

20. Big Nate's Plowing

Re: Just my 2cents

how are we to even know where you are located @ fill out your profile... that might help. oh and lighten up the comment was a joke from me to him...lord knows we don't need another Dino;)

our christmas storm 7" of snow and it took me a little under an hour, and I applied 125 lbs of salt. but today there was 2" of snow and it took me about 10 minutes and 25# of salt. the price is a little low in my opinion but they give me good deals on parts & are real helpful, they will even deliver parts to the jobsite I am at.

~Nate~

Last edited: Jan 7, 2003