1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bid this driveway

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by jbsplow, Jan 12, 2014.

1. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

Hey guys can u give me a number on this driveway, I have this account I am wondering if I'm not charging enough. The snow cant be pushed in the red x's cause theres huge rail road ties along the drive way. i Can only push it in the GREEN Xs, Also i spread bagged rock salt can u give me a estimate on how much to charge for salt.. Salt gets expensive and we have a big ice storm with 1/5 inch to 1 inch of ice and there's a lot of ice in the driveway and I doubt she's going want to pay. When we had a small ice storm i used 150 pounds of salt and it melted pretty good. but with this one id almost have to use 2x -3x that and i can see her saying its to much idk what to do lol
  2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Up to 4.99" $80 to plow.
  3. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

100 per salt app

90 per push
  4. skorum03

skorum03 2000 Club Member

Without shoveling the front walks, I would be charging $85.00 for 2" - 6" $99 for 6" - 12" and $135 for 12"+ for salt just charge based on what you put down. Know what you want to make based on the amount of time it takes you to apply a bag of salt.
  5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I've done a few estate drives in my time, they can be particular.... I'd be $90 per push. with $115/min to salt.
    Most do not want salt every event and will want it done only after a rain event has turned the 2" they didn't want to pay to be plowed to ice.:rolleyes:
    In this situation I find it easier to salt and return in 6-8 hrs and blade it off when the salt has penetrated and unbonded it from the pavement. Yes they get charged for the push as well.
    I would also offer seasonal at $450/mth for 6 mths, salt extra.
  6. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

Ok thank you mr marcus.. That's how my accounts are they don't want salt ever but when we get these huge 1- 2 inch rain storms and it freezes then it does. And I load them up with salt and they don't melt so today I went back and had to blade off all the ice. and I charge them for a plow.. But Im not charging enough for this driveway I charge 50$ for this one and when we had 6 inches I told her a extra twenty and she kinda bitched about it... idk maybe I should tell her to find someone else. She had to different bids one guy said 45$ and another 40$ she said she only gave me it casue it was my first year starting out
  7. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

im just starting out my first year maybe I should jack my prices up a little, but I do have a few more drives down the road so it is a nice addition to my route
  8. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

the driveway Is pretty skinny in the beginning its one swipe in and out but thanks, im going tell her 100 for the salt if she tells me to much i'm going to get rid of her, don't pay to have a customer that gives me headaches