1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bid structure help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by concreteguy, Nov 13, 2011.

1. concreteguy

concreteguy Senior Member

Client that wants to be billed on a t/m basis. Never bid by the hour, so I need to know how would I structure it in that do I state how many pieces of equipment will be there or just show-up with what-ever an bill per piece. I have the hourly and salt application I want but how about things like service calls, can any overtime be charged
    Thanks, Tom
  2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Never heard of overtime in snow removal..?..?.

Call backs (service calls) should have a minimum fee and/or your hourly rate.

Hourly rate per piece ---------examples------
    shoveler = $/hr
    atv = $/hr
    truck = $/hr
    skid = $/hr
    backhoe = $/hr
    wheelloader = $/hr

Although I do some of my work by the hr....it is not my preferred method
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

After you show them the info on it ,offer option #2 price per plow and option #3 seasonal price.
  4. concreteguy

concreteguy Senior Member

Yea I know '' overtime '', they brought that up so I figured I'd ask. As far as the three ways to quote that's what I was thinking of doing just because I can structure the bid easier. Just didn't what to quote it on paper and not have it look right or leave something out that I'd lose the bid on that and not just because I was higher. Don't like to do hourly only because I'm not the type to take my time to make the extra money, much rather hit it hard and make my money and move on. I suppose I was asking, since this is prob. machine work ,do I charge for the machine to be on-site, like a monthly charge or just figure the machine time into the hourly, and do I charge a min hr per storm