1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bid Qoute Ideas based in lot sizes. Any help greatfull

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Jason1919, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Jason1919

Jason1919 Junior Member

Have a chance to secure two commercial lots.. side by side lots... one is a Tractor Supply and one is an Aldis store. Each lots has about 70 parking spaces and a one bag loading dock (dock is a sloped dock will need to be back dragged). Total lot size to be cleared is about 1 acre EACH. They want a seasonal price for snow plowing of each lot AND a per application price using straight rock salt (no sand). No shoveling is needed. Any help would be usefull. Thanks a lot. Area is Massachusetts:drinkup:

2. Leland Lawn

Leland Lawn Member

It all comes down to time. How long does it take you to push an acre with your truck/plow right now?

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Fire up a pix of this place.

Wait,in this thread your asking how to bid this place,and another thread your saying you plow 3 of them

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  4. Jason1919

Jason1919 Junior Member

we do but.. the manager at the local store says my "est" bid ($5650 plow plus $199 per app salt and $90 hr per piece equipment for snow removal) is way too high.. Also the fact they are side by side.

Will most likely just put a F350 PU with V on the site and bring down a Cat 268 as needed for pile push back and removal.

My thinking is 2 hours each lot labor and 1 yard salt each lot...

5. PrecisionS&I

PrecisionS&I Member
    from Ohio

It's hard to comment on the seasonal price for plowing due to the fact that I don't know how many events you have a season. That being said a one acre lot should only take about an hour to complete at 2" of accumulation and your application rate for salt is way high as well. At $199.00 per application looks like you would be charging about $497.50 a ton.

6. Jason1919

Jason1919 Junior Member

a yard of salt is "about a ton" and I pay about $90 per yard for salt. I have allways applied about a yard to an acre... is that too much??

We have an average of 13 plowable events here in my area each yaer.

7. PrecisionS&I

PrecisionS&I Member
    from Ohio

For straight rock salt I figure about 800 to 1000 lbs per acre. For plowing here in Cleveland that property would go around $2000.00 for the season and we average around 60" a season, few years ago we had over 100". I don't know what your market is but at $150.00 per push at 13 events that would be $1950.00. I wish I could get that.