1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bid packets

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by RhinoL&L, Jul 23, 2008.

1. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

i am looking to expand to larger commercial lots this year but dont know how or who to contact about bidding. I dont know what would be the best way to contact and find out what i need to do.... Any info is helpful!

Thanks

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Go into the places you want and ask the receptionist or store owner who looks after the property. You can also look at "For Lease" signs, as they are generally the phone # of the management company.

3. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

Thanks JD!:waving: Do I just ask if they are accepting bids, or should I say something else?

Anyone else have some info??

4. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Sometimes its EZ to get a contact

Then other times I spent most of a day working on making a contact for a account

5. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

They are 4 feet tall with grey heads and little noses!

Not the people you need to talk too. The aliens on TV right now.

6. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

I usually ask if they are accepting proposals, sometimes they say yes and I get the info from them, sometimes they forward me to another person. Its really hard to get the bids you want so you got to try many places. I came up with a list of 15 places so far, and right now I heard nothing back and some of them are already all set for this winter.

7. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

Bump!!! Anyone else have some info?:rolleyes::waving:

8. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Yes call me I have a few leads for you in your area! Stuff in Grandview!!!! If all else fails I know of a few other ideas for you

9. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

Mike I will call you tomorrow!!!!

Thanks!:waving:

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Down boy!

If I have a lot I try and bid the ones next to them and maybe give them a better deal then if they were a stand along lot that I have to drive to. But most of the time just walk in and ask who is in charge of the snowplowing decision Most times if they are a local company I 'll just send in a bid and write snowplow bid on the envelope and I use a florescent envelope then I can a few days to a week and ask if they received my bid in the florescent envelope.

11. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Good idea with the envelopes! Gonna try that with the next bunch.

12. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

I wouldnt just send something to them, I think its a good idea, but most of the time alot of people think its junk mail or something like that. I am going to call each place I want to get and see what they say. If they are accepting anything I will submit something to them. I was talking to Dave (06 HD Boss) about getting commercial accounts and seeing I have almost 50 residential he said I shouldnt get to much commercial. Plus as of now I only got 1 truck and I am looking to buy another, but there is no money for it.

13. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

That 06 fellow is correct. you'd be spreading yourself way too thin. never hurts to bid and get your name out there.