1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bid help

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by scottishmaximus, Dec 6, 2004.

1. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus Junior Member
    from ohio

I need help determining how much time it will take to plow a couple lots. I can then use my hourly rate for a price. Also, using a tailgate spreader, about how much salt should i guestimate per lot??

Lot 1

130 feet x 218 feet rectangel
    plenty of room to push snow
    it is an apartment complex so there will be cars (only half of the lot is ever full)

about 520 feet of walks to be cleaned

Lot 2

66 feet x 107 feet rectangle
    again plenty of room to push snow
    church parking lot... must be plowed before sunday masses... no cars otherwise

this lot has about 330 feet of sidewalks to be cleaned as well.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Scott

2. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus Junior Member
    from ohio

ok let me start. The apartment parking lot has a total area of about the size of say a Walgreens or CVS parking lot to give some visual perspective. No islands; plain rectangle lot. I'm guessing it will take about 45 minutes to plow, another 10 minutes to salt (including time to fill the hopper) and another 15 minutes to do the walks. Does this sound reasonable??

The second property I estimate it will take about 30 minutes to plow, another 15 to do the walks, and 10 minutes to salt.

What do you think??

3. DJL

DJL Senior Member

yep, sounds good....