1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bid help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by sixpixels, Nov 7, 2011.

1. sixpixels

sixpixels Junior Member

I need some help or insight with putting a bid together for a local borough commercial property. The bid specs are for a borough complex with parking lots, sidewalks/walkways, and street areas to be plowed and shoveled and they want Calcium Chloride spread on all- no salt. They have a designated are to move all snow to.
    My issue is normally when placing commercial bids we insert pricing per application of salt or calcium.
    For this one they are asking us to calculate and add the pricing for spreading the calcium in to the hourly rate for the below sections:
    1 Backhoe w/ push plow-
    1 Large Dump Truck w/ plow
    2 Laborers w/ snow blower
    2 laborers w/ shovel

So I’m not too sure how to do it like this to ensure I won’t lose out on the deal or to ensure that we make money on it. Any help is appreciated.
  2. sixpixels

sixpixels Junior Member

Also they are asking me to include mobilization and storage of equipment fees...which we have never done before.