1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bid Help Please!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by horizon jay, Nov 4, 2014.

1. horizon jay

horizon jay Member

Got a call today about needing a snow bid tonight. 6pm Eastern to be exact! I looked at it. Def skid steer work. I have a 1840 with a 8' blade and if I get this was gonna buy a newer trac loader. (seems like a good excuse.) Have two plow trucks 9' blade on one. (& still looking for fleet flex wide out;) Anyway roughly 8,000sq ft sidewalks & 145,127 sq ft pavement. I have snow blowers for walks. We maintain another villa (58 homes) but its mostly back drag drives with truck and sidewalks and clean up with blowers. This one is new to me. Not sure what to charge as it looks like no where to put snow, they mentioned board isnt getting along (yay) and last snow outfit quit on them! So all that being said. It comes from a large builder in the area and could lead to better things in the future. Plus if I get the lawn contract as well that would be sweet. Any info is appreciated. 2-4, 4-8, 6-8, 8+ is hourly $75 Truck & $125 per skid steer. Its close to 3.5 acres of concrete. LMK thoughts! Thanks No salt or as needed. $225 ton applied is what Im thinkin there. http://findlotsize.com/?place=9912+oak+trail+rd+ft+wayne&submit=Go&r=e Top right lot not included Its all homes off Oak Trail. Duplexes etc total 66 units

2. horizon jay

horizon jay Member

I should add. Two machines plus a truck should whip through it. So wondering how to maximize my profit potential lol. Also I can leave one machine at other villa but not necessary. If I buy a new loader I will put a box on it 10'?

3. horizon jay

horizon jay Member

Bid is sent! I know my numbers now. I am wondering what others would charge.

4. PLOWTRUCK

PLOWTRUCK Senior Member

22k all in. 2 trucks 1 small machine with a broom for drives. I do a similar site with 48 drives for 18 k for the year all in.

5. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

i can clear that for approx. 20k up to 6'' w/o walking the site . but there are a few here that can do it just for fun

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  6. horizon jay

horizon jay Member

Thanks for the input! So if I said $1600 average push am I on the low end? I dont want to be the low baller. LMK thoughts! Heard I was in the running but no confirm yet. Thanks!