1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bid help Please

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by J&R Landscaping, Nov 10, 2013.

1. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Hello All,

I'm in the process of throwing numbers together for this store and am looking for some advice.

Area's with the red in the right rear are a customer pickup area which is covered and a dumpster.

There is the main entrance walkway in the front and a little bit of shovel work in the rear of the building.
    The green spot is the loading dock area.
    Building sits in a shared lot. Blue areas are drive lanes and parking spots.

Prices based on 2-4" push with salt and calcium additional. I'm figuring with my F350 and Wideout that a 2-4" push should take about 50 minutes to plow complete figuring with some traffic. Salt time being additional.

Thanks for any input!

Attached Files:

2. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

If that were mine to do here, $180 a push. Salt, 140-ish, depending on the cost of material.
    Where are you in the world? Seems like some areas of the world would bid that at 27.50 a push...

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Thats more then a hour.... that would fall in the 35 to 40 plus salt.

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

I'm in Bensalem Pa, so Metro Philadelphia..

I was figuring somewhere between $175 to $225 per push and $185 for salt.. And yes, after thinking about it, it looks more in the 1.5 hour range depending on traffic.

5. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

35 to 40? You mean 350 to 400?

I enlarged the picture and looked again...I wonder where the snow will be piled?
    I now think I would be at 200 a push, maybe 220. Would need to know more about stacking spots and see it in person..
    Salting is something I have no experience with yet...so I will say I would want 100 per hopper full to do it, and add the cost of material to that.
    My salter will or would be a 2 yard max.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013