1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bid help on seasonal lots

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by lawnmasters2006, Sep 19, 2008.

1. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

i have to but a bid in for 3 arbys restaurants ..simple lots...i just hate doing season prices,wht would u bid them at for the season? last year we plowed about 20 times,ohh they dont want salt included...
    any help would be great.....thanks...scott

2. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

enough to make a profit based on avg number of storms per year for the past 10 years and then add an additional 5 storms to it and hope that it doesn't snow at all

3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

i would average the storm count and 1 or 2 so that you dont over price your self

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

There you go .25 times your per push price. Bill them month for it then.

5. cretebaby

GV do you just charge the average number of pushes times the per push rate or do you add a few pushes to get a seasonal price

6. grandview

Ave. number of plows is 20 so I bump it up a few.Then I round it up to the next hundred or thousand.

7. cretebaby

GV do you include salt

if so how many

8. grandview

I don't salt. When I did it was extra. And the company had to call me to do it I wouldn't do it on my own.

9. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

salting would include getting out of the truck eventually.....gv plows in sandals and a speedo...:D

10. grandview

I plow with just the sandals on!