1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bid help needed

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by cheelob, Dec 14, 2013.

1. cheelob

cheelob Junior Member
    from MN

Looking for input on bidding 2 separate neighborhood streets. He wants 3" trigger for 1 total mile of road on each property. I only have 8' straight blade for this job as rest of equipment is committed for season. My guess is each property is 4 passes to clear. What would you guys bid for this? Would post pic but I am not smart enough to remove or hide address and people in my area like to undercut bids.

2. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

200 each per. If there's any culdesacs or intersections, I would bump it 25 for each of them. So, as example, 200 + 1 intersection and 1 culdesac, $250.

Just my opinion. That breaks it down to 50 each swipe.

Do you have a steel foil, so you can carry some speed?

3. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Really depends on what the area looks like, Just a straight mile of road easy, a mile of city road with cross road harder. So with out seeing it a mile of road it about 3.2 acres. $200-$400 push

4. cheelob

cheelob Junior Member
    from MN

I only have an 8' poly straight left that isn't committed for season. With the nuisance factor of some cars parked on side of lanes I was in ballpark with you guys. Gonna bid $350 on 3-6" and 6"+ another 40%. Good money if I get it but not end of world if I don't. Thanks guys.

5. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

If he has a 3"trigger, you can't price it 3-6" It would be plowed it at every 3 inches. Trigger = per push. You are pricing it on tier rates.

6. cheelob

cheelob Junior Member
    from MN

They only want me out if 3" plus. I bid it at $300 for 3"-6" and $400 6"+. I measure the scientific way with a ruler on pavement when I get there to see the depth and thats what I charge. Wrote in agreement my measurement is the one that counts.

Have had a weeks worth of 1/2 inch dustings and told them I was coming out to clean up and they were fine with that. Will see how timely they pay and can pick up all the home owners drives that will be plowed in. Owner gave ok in agreement for us to solicit drives with homeowners.