1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bid Help,,, Just tell me like it is!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Dogbonz, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Dogbonz

Dogbonz Member

1/4 mile dirt road dead end culdesac 3-6 inch per push price.
    im thinking $150. and 6-9 $190 and 9-12 $275 $10 per inch more.
    What you guys think,,,, heck i had to shovel 6 inches off my deck last thursday,, tobad the ground was woarm none stuck to streets =(

2. CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter Senior Member

Market won't hold that here. Quite a few private drives/roads are that long or longer in my town. My drive is 1/4 mi. old guy charged $50 per push. I charge the same. New drive just three houses down from me is 1/2 mi; that's 100 for me to plow pp.

Yet, the little 8x75 drives are still $25. Not a lot of rhyme or reason. Most of my private drives are at least 300'.

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

If you almost double those prices for here, that would be about right. Your area could be totally different.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Yes, markets are different all over the place. CrazyCooter is in Southern Maine and I am in Mid Maine, but prices seem similar. I base private roads on $150/mi. I got one the other day that's 2/10 mile for $50, but he offered that without asking me for a bid. But heck, if they'll go for the equivalent of $600/mi - grab it.

5. Dogbonz

Dogbonz Member

Its a Private road,, bout 13 house on it. road way is 2.5 cars wide and would take 4 passes. just thought about that, Road not driveway,, thanx for the imput, more is also welcome.
    this is a condo assoc with 2 dirt roads same length,, my prices above were to do both roads. So as it seems, I'm in the ballpark! The Biggest lco in town, bid it for $225 min. and up per push. I'm thinking he bid it way high, cause he's busy and will only take it if it really makes him the loot!

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

2 1/2 cars wide?? That's a major highway up here. My Private Roads are 12' wide. So that accounts for a lot of the pricing difference.

7. CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter Senior Member

My road and the other road I plow are both 16' wide, but that includes shoulders. Obviously I plow back as far as I can on the shoulders to make room for the future snow, so I plow accordingly. Everyone worth their salt here pretty much does the same, who wants a drive to shrink to one car width and you have to back up 1/4 mile on a slippery slope....

BTW, finally gave in and ordered timbrens for my truck. Can't wait to see the difference it makes this year. My truck is only used for plowing/hauling now, only gets about 3-5k a year on it. Only 36k on it, and I already have to replace the brakes. Then again, I'm on my third set of tires :dizzy: