1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bid for small office parking lot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by silentsnake09, Oct 27, 2013.

1. silentsnake09

silentsnake09 Junior Member

I am bidding on a office parking lot and with one small walkway. I am going to give them a price on plowing, blowing the small walkway, and salting.

I am thinking $150 starting price. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Does the starting price go up? 150 is low with salt.

3. silentsnake09

I was going to go up in increments from there and be doubled at 12"

4. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I would be @ $60 a push, and $100 to salt. And then $20 to shovel or blow. So, $180 if I did all three each visit.
    But, most places only want the salt at the end of the event..so, $80 each plow and shovel @ a 4" trigger or when they call, whichever comes first. Then $100 to salt at the end.

5. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Bushwell has got it, exept for the 4" part, I'd try for a 2"-3" trigger, but dont let them talk you into more then a 4"

6. silentsnake09

Thanks guys I feel good I was in the ballpark. This is my first year bidding on plowing. I am used to bidding on construction.

7. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I said 4" trigger because then they don't feel like they are getting taken advantage of...80 bucks every 2" would sting on a 10" storm.
    Also, I'm married to that lot @ a 2" trigger. I want some time to go get my other lots opened.