1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bid for a senior center and health rehab center

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by teamgreendude, Oct 5, 2015.

1. teamgreendude

teamgreendude Senior Member

2. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

assuming the property consists of just the two lots, and not any of those houses around the facility. my labor rate is at 90/hr for shoveling and 110/ hr plow
    plow- 60 per push
    shoveling- 45 per push (thats a lot of sidewalk just to shovel, i would snowblow that if you have one)
    lot salt- 30
    side salt- 40 (that is based off using about 4 bags so prices will vary based on how much you are spending per bag here. i pay about 9 per bag for calcium)
    for the first one

second one
    per push- 45
    per shovel- 40
    per lot salt- 20
    per side salt- 38

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  3. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Are you saying you would plow that second one for 45 per push? :dizzy:

People in my area don't even do a driveway for 45.

4. snowplower1

Ha good point. Didn't really consider that one enough. Probably why I NEVER bid per push. Good call though that's not right at all. Maybe like 55?

5. jhall22guitar

My family owns an apartment building with a parking lot half the size of the front lot on one of those buildings shown and we pay $120 per push, 3" trigger with 100ft of sidewalks done. And thats low for the bids we got, guy who does it is a family friend so he gave us a discount.

6. snowplower1

not around here, nobody would be able to go that high or they'd have nothing to plow

7. jhall22guitar

I don't see money to be made on that lot for $45, after fuel, insurance expenses, and the costs of running a business/operating a plow I see you paying them to plow. Good luck

8. jhall22guitar

Just to compare, my families building is .222 for a full lot (apartments with at least half the cars there full time so actual plowing is less than .100) and we pay $120 with sidewalks (250 linear feet 3 feet wide) + salt costs.

9. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

Is $90/hr for shoveling the norm for your area? Seems crazy high but then again I'm not in New York