1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bid a lot of accounts

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Vaughn Schultz, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

I'll tell you what if i get 25% of my commercial quotes singed I am going to be looking for sub desperately or I will be in a world of trouble :p

But I don't think that will be a problem :rolleyes:

Any one ells bid on an astronomical amount of lots? :D

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Have'nt really had too many phone calls yet, I dont think many people in MN are thinking snow just two days ago it was 90.

3. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

My Momma always told me:

Sonny, don't expand too quick because all of your customers will be pissed off at the lousy job you did and they will get somebody else next year. That means you will be outta business!

What do you guys think? :nono:

4. BreyerConstruct

BreyerConstruct Senior Member

I'm bidding a lot too.
    of course, it could end up fizzling out, & I just have my 2 main trucks...
    or I'm running them, the backup, my wife's Jeep & talking to a sub or 2.

We'll see.

~Matt

5. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Plenty of current contracts. Plenty of plows. Plenty of subs. I have been bidding the new stuff higher to cover rising costs of doing business. I don't anticipate picking up much. If we are close to what we can comfortably maintain, I don't think it is fair to my guys or customers to add much more unless I am adding more equip or subs. We are where we want to be. Good luck guys, and don't overbook yourselves. If you do, next year you might not have the contracts that got you where you are now. It is a lot easier to retain existing customers than find new ones.