1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bid 1-4" and 4-8" we got 16" now what?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Smitty58, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

This is my 1st plowing season. I have 1 commercial contract and usually sw Ohio gets a couple of 2-6 inch events. So I bid this thing at 1-4 and 4-8. So I go out Wed, morn after a 4 or 5 inch night and plow it with no real problem. Then I get up Thurs morn and what do my eyes see... a whole bunch of white stuff. My small town is probably like most other small towns, they plow the main streets and then what seems like an eternity they do the side streets. So when I finally get to the commercial prop the entrance is buried behind a wall of white 2 1/2 FEET tall. The parking lot had a good 12 inches. So now how the heck do I price this? We have never had this much in a 2 day period so I never dreamed of pricing to the point of 2 feet.

2. NorthwestPlower1

NorthwestPlower1 Member

16" inches of snow I would have plowed the lot at least 3 times. Therefore, I would have charged them each time I plowed the lot with however many inches where in it at each plowing. 16" of snow is alot to push at one time.

3. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

well we got 16" and my contracts say $125/hr 2 hour minimum and thats what I am doing, in your situation I would bill them 3X your 4-8 price

4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

in your next contract you might want to put a clause about big snow falls.

5. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

gotta have a blizzard clause. on my contracts once the snow exceeds
    1 ft i charge $125.00 an hour for however many hours it takes
    john

6. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

In CT. we go 1-3,3-6,6-9,9-12,12+is usually about $110 per inch over 12