1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BG Products ARE NUMBER 1.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Iowalawn, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Iowalawn

Iowalawn Member
    from Iowa

I do not know if you guys know BG Products but they have everything. Diesel guys just look try there products. you will NEVER go back to your old ones. all i know is they have some crazy products and everthing works.
    here is the web site.

http://www.bgprod.com/products/products.html

2. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

I disagree!:gunsfiring:

3. Iowalawn

Iowalawn Member
    from Iowa

I use alot of the diesel treatment, 109, 44K, alot of their aerosol products and all their Greases. I cant find a better product, What do you use?

4. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

SHELL Rotella 10W45 & TC 30 as per spec. sae10W for my brakes. You ask, I answer.

5. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Looks like ok stuff for sure. I myself use Amsoil for just about everything. At 260,000 miles the Cummins runs/starts like a champ rain, sleet or snow.

6. Iowalawn

Iowalawn Member
    from Iowa

SHELL Rotella is great oil nothing bad to say. I think that BG makes some great additives and Greases.

7. KSikkema

KSikkema Senior Member

we use BG products all the time at the shop and absolutely love them. they work at least as well as they claim, often times better. we do the fuel service, coolant, transmissions, brake flushes, engine flushes, oil additives, battery services etc. We haven't found one yet that disappoints! If you qualify for the protection plan that they offer and something does happen, our experience (and that which we've heard from other shops) has only been positive. They have even covered GM transmission repairs because of stripped splines (obviously not related to service or neglect - that is a known weak point in the design). We've had nothing but positive experiences with BG products!

8. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Number 1 products. Here a little story

Back in the late 70's early 80's was in a four wheel drive club. Was on a mid-night run and this guy Gene, in a Jeep, had his oil pressure drop. The light did not come on and he did not notice the gauge. He drove his jeep till the engine locked up. He was pulled back to camp and everyone went to bed. In the morning Gene got up and his jeep started right up. He drove it on trail rides the rest of the weekend. After several months and a few thousand miles the engine started to smoke and was rebuilt. Gene ran BG in the Jeep.

9. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

He drove it till the motor locked and siezed? Then it started in morning? Umm I think he started the wrong jeep.

10. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

BG that good