1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Beyond the Bid comes to Hartford next week!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by SIMASTAFF, Aug 17, 2010.

SIMASTAFF Sponsor
    from Midwest

Just wanted to catch the eye of anyone who is struggling with the increased pressure on pricing in our industry. If you are frustrated with this, and if you feel like your market is changing and it is tough to adapt, then you should consider the Beyond the Bid event.

This course was built by 5 very knowledgeable snow professionals with input from many others, and deals with:
    -Differentiating your company in your market
    -Understanding your market and your competition better
    -Working in the realm of National and regional service management companies
    -Targeting specific areas and customers that are a good fit for you
    -Calculating your operational capacity to do work
    -Managing the financial health of your snow business, and not over-leveraging your company
    -Negotiating skills and techniques
    -Review and analysis of key terminology and clauses that can burn you

I have helped create many educational events for SIMA members over the past few years, and in my opinion this is by far the best one we've created to date. I hope some of you will consider coming to the event, details here:

Brian K. Birch
    Assistant Executive Director
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010