1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Beyers motor hookup q? Which wires?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by G.M.Landscaping, Dec 7, 2006.

1. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping Senior Member

My friend had to replace his motor on his byers spreader. The motor terminals are marked 1 & 2. Does the red go to the 1 or 2? Which way should the spinner turn?
    He took it apart awhile ago and had to replace the motor but can't remember which way to hook it up.

2. John B

John B Junior Member
    from ohio

Red should be hooked to the #1 post, at least on mine it is.Standing behind the spreader,the spinner should turn counter clock wise.If it doesnt just reverse the wires.

3. G.M.Landscaping

He put the red to the #1 but standing behind the truck the spiner turns clockwise. It comes around from the pass side towards you heading to the drivers side. This is the first snow this year so he thought it's either the direction of the spinner or the bags(which have very fine salt in them) causing the slow spreading action.

My fisher tailgate turns clockwise. so we thought that it was correct.

Thanks for the reply

4. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

My Buyers spins counter-clockwise. You need to make sure it is spinning in the proper direction so the auger is pulling the salt down to the spinner. Working against the auger will cause slow spreading.. Run it with the top off and see which way the auger is turning.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

On mine the red wires on the no. "1" post and it turns counter clockwise as looking in the top of the hopper.

6. G.M.Landscaping

He switched the wires and it's CCwise now. Thanks, it's working fine now. The red is going to #2 now, probably because it's an aftermarket motor.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2006