1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Beware of Ebay!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ACA L&L, Oct 24, 2012.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

I somehow had a western shoe reciever disappear one day a few weeks back, Jumped on ebay and ordered a replacement..........I finally got it in the mail 2 weeks later, turnes out it doesnt fit, grinded on it a bit, still no bueno, grinded on it way more than im comfortable with and finally got it to fit. I dont feel good about it at all. At one point I thought geez what the heckis going on here....pulled the other side off and no grinding no nothing it was tight but it fit like you would think it should.........when i say I grinded, I mean i grinded out alot of the little c hook that sits on the bar in the back. I dont think this is normal? I dont know anyone else run into this. Im gonna order a bona fide western shoe as i dont feel good about the modifying i had to do. just thgought i would vent............this was a brand new part, just not from western apparently which is not what the add said, im almost positive of that fact.If anyone wants to know the seller i will pm upon request, dont wanna get in trouble for bashing the biggest seller on ebay of crappy replacement parts from taiwan

2. Bandit

Bandit Senior Member

There are a LOT of Knockoff Chinese parts on Fee Bay .
    You have to watch what You are buying , and ask a lot of questions .

At least a snow plow shoe won't kill your family
    http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Trust-Safety-Safe/Counterfeit-Ergo-Child/5200112721
    In case they remove the post to CYA
    " I bouight an Ergo child carrier on June 27th. I just determined it was counterfeit - a true fake from China verified by the Ergo Co. "

Bandit

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  3. TLB

TLB Senior Member

You need to read the feedback on the seller on ebay before you buy. Too many negetives, don't buy from them.

4. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

And too many positives = phony feedback. Remember that China as 1.3 billion employees to generate fake positive feedback on ebay.

My philosophy in dealing with ebay is simple;
    If the item doesn't arrive, reverse the transaction.
    If the item arrives and isn't what was advertised, reverse the transaction.

There is actually a LOT of GOOD CHEAP stuff out of china. It won't have the same quality as equipment out of Japan, but its hard to beat for the price. If you're buying a piece of metal, grind or weld on it until it fits and call it good... or if possible, fab it yourself.

5. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Ebay is a great place to make purchases and sometimes save a lot of money. You have to know what to look out for and how to qualify the purchase before you bid. As a seller, I will no longer sell to new accounts w/o a minimum feedback score as well as other criteria, because often times beginners don't understand the system or don't read the terms of an ad before dropping a bid. They sometimes become a liability. The good side for the buyer is that it's not hard to get a refund should you need to file a claim w/ Paypal.

This past summer I was buying an extensive list of foreign car parts from orders I had placed out of the UK and Germany. I couldn't be happier w/ my orders because I was able to buy the parts for about 1/3 -1/2 of the cost from a dealer and also received them much faster than the dealer could even get them on a special order. Ironically enough, some parts from my order were made in the US yet still cheaper than buying them here. Not saying that I wouldn't buy from China, but that would depend on what my needs were w/ that item. If I'm looking for OEM quality than China wouldn't be an option.