1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Better to add back drag plow or Spreader

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NEUSWEDE, Dec 31, 2003.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I don't both can be added because of space so on a regular 3/4 ton pickup would you add a tailgate spreader to sand and salt or a back drager like a Daniels. I will be doing commercial and residential, I think the spreader is better because it will benefit me more with making more money to sand and salt. Does anyone know anyone who has both? Pictures?
    Thanks in advance
    Dylan

2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Snowman has a back drag plow that you also can use a small spreader with. Back drag will be a great asset and get you more money on driveways because you will do a better job. Picture at Snowman snowplows.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2003
  3. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Found the picture

probably an expensive set up to buy but looks like it would be great to get towards the ultimate plow vechicle.
    Dylan

spreader-compatible.jpg

4. Bolts Indus.

Price wise they are about the same as a lower priced front plow. But this allows you to do some sites where you need a bobcat to clear doors and loading docks etc. It is more cost efficient than adding a bobcat and driver. Don't follow. LEAD

5. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Personally I would choose a spreader over a back plow. Never saw myself using a back plow enough to justify the cost of buying one.

6. Bolts Indus.

A back plow will open new markets to you. Think outside the circle.
    Proven fact. Customers seek out contractors that have the right equipment. Create the market for this product. Lead. Don't follow.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2004
  7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

spreader you can more cash payup with it

8. ih82plow

ih82plow Senior Member

Create the market for this product. Lead. Don't follow.

WOW alot is said in that small sentance.

Words to live by