1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Better then last season.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mark13, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm sure a few of your remember how incredibly smooth my season went last year.:rolleyes: So I decided this winter I wanted it to go smoother. Today I got my new valve block on, hoses reconnected, pump filled up, and put it on the truck. And as a huge surprise, it worked. (knock on wood)

No crank in the torsion bars yet so its got that good ole' nose dive look. It will sit level with the plow on when winter comes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

looks good!!!

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks. Now I just have to figure out why my hi/low beams on the plow don't work (they stay on truck) but the marker/turnsignal lights do. And I need to look for my wings, I'm not sure where they are at.

4. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I know I should post this in the Western section, but since you brought them up :p How do you like those wings?

I just bought another truck and it came with a 7'6" western. I would like to add a set of wings, but don't know how easy they are to put on and take off, or if they make a big difference.

Thanks Bossman

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The wings are a big help.

They are super easy to put on and take off. I can do both in under a minute.

The wings sit on those two hangers off the side of the blade then hook on the back through that hole in the molboard. 7.6ft with them off, 9.7ft with them on. I can get pictures later if you want.

6. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Pics would be great! I think I might actually like having a straight plow to use on some of the bigger open lots. What do a set of wings run for those plows?

Thanks Bossman

7. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

looks good mark i got my fingers crossed for ya . maybe some day you'll have that boss you always wanted . BTW i had a similar issue on my western i forget the pin# in the connector but i had a wiring issue. found that one right before a storm was coming . :rolleyes:

8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

All ready for the white stuff, thanks for the pic mark! The truck looks great, look at it this way do you think it could get any worse then last year?:p

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Everyone's plow works great in the summer!

10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't think much more could have gone wrong, I got in an accident, had stuff stolen, was broke down a lot, and didn't really get to plow that much. So I think things can only go better this winter.

11. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

looking good mark nice job on the body work :drinkup:

12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I wish I could say I did it, one of my mom's long time friends owns a body shop so he took care of it. I may be learning how to do lots of rust repair soon though. Maybe it would be easier to just get another cab. Stupid salt.

13. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Does any1 ever complain about the amount of salt they use in ur area?

14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

They enjoy the use of salt here. The roads are still almost pure white for a month after winter at least.
    Older picture BNC shot from around here.
    [​IMG]

15. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Thats a lot of dam salt........im sure guys def wash there trucks after a storm. Or it will just rust away. On a side not plowsite is hopping at the early hour of 3 am......est

16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Its 2:15 here. Just got back from a friends after watching shooter and part of pink panther. 92" screen with an hd projector and surround sound. :D

Ya, I try to wash my truck as often as possible in the winter and get all the tight areas where the salt and junk builds up underneath the truck. It helps but certainly doesn't prevent it 100%. The next truck will be rust free when I get it. Then do a lot of rust prevention and take really good care of it.

17. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Don't worry about salt this year....McHenry county has not been included in the state bid, so there is none. Right now local municipalities ahd the option until 5 yesterday to sign up for salt paying a MINIMUM of $145 per ton, while evey other county (except Lake) in Illinois got a contract and is paying from $40-$48 per ton. Government at work!!!!

Mark, I had that problem with my headlights, check your relays.

18. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I've got about 8 more relays I can try, I just didn't want to mess with them yesterday. I figure thats what it is so it shouldn't be a big deal to fix.

19. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Sounds like a plan!!!!ussmileyflag

20. woofy315

woofy315 Junior Member
    from iowa

nice dude,i just got mine out and on the truck for the first day,major nose dive,going to go with the rc leveling kit that one guy on FSC has on his red NbS with stuffed 36's, im just stuffing 35's,i hate nose dive, i still have to tech the plow,i just got it on for now,make sure its moving. i hope this season is better then last for you man.