1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Better scraping angle?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cfdeng7, Jan 8, 2009.

1. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

I have a c-8 meyer with the classic mount. I see all of the new plows have steeper attack angles now. I have always mounted the blade in the center hole, but If I were to mount it in the top hole could I get a better scraping angle?

2. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

Good trips make a big difference IMO

3. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

You should use the hole that keeps the A-frame level for the plow to work right when angled.
    Besides, raising the rear of the plow will make the cutting edge closer to vertical which won't help scraping (unless you're back-dragging).

4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Making the cutting edge closer to vertical is what the OP is after and YES it will scrape better

Will moving it one hole be enough to notice a difference IDK

5. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

Why do you think it will scrape better closer to vertical?
    What do you think is the best scraping angle?
    Did you ever play around with a loader, not using down pressure, where you can adjust the angle, to see what scrapes better?

If you really want your C8 to lean forward more just weld shims in so the springs can't pull it back as far, but keep the a-frame level.