1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Better question about timberns or air bags

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Dr Who, May 12, 2011.

1. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

Ok, I have done some looking at the timberns and air bags, I think the air bags are the way to go. But I to not see giving the price for the set ups that I have seen online, so I am going to fab my own using ones for different applications, if I can that is.

I do need a little info though.

The timberns that would be used on the front of a 250 ford, how tall are they?

the air bags for the front, how tall are they deflated, and about how tall are they inflated to the hight to were the truck would be level with a plow up in the air? by plow I meen a straight blade, such as a meyer (like the one in my avatar)

If I can get this info, then I can look for some bags to make work. Yeah I will end up spending about the same, but at least it will be what I want, or think I want.

What i am looking at for the bags are semi trailer bags, not the really big ones, there are smaller ones. Maybe the cab air ride bag for a cab over, or other equipment, there seems to be a whole bunch of different bags out there, all in different sizes.

let see what I can cobble up...