1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

better late then never 11/9/09

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by 91AK250, Nov 10, 2009.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

we finally got some snow here in town, about 4.5" at my house. that i'm very happy about.

the bad news is the truck isnt runnign right, i think i got some bad gas or water in the gas i gotta figure that one out. so i was only able to do 2 drives before it was running so bad i limped home.

but heres some pics anyhow of the snow and such, hopfully some actual plowing pics once shes 100% again.

sunday night
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8am this morning as the sun was coming up and the sky clearing.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You really need to stop posting those pictures. I'm getting cold just sitting here!

3. tmf lawn care

tmf lawn care Member

ussmileyflag i got no snow here in new jersey. it like 70 here

4. RedneckPlowGuy

RedneckPlowGuy Senior Member

thats at 8am?

i think id go crazy if it was dark @ 8am!

5. 91AK250

yup we're loosing so much light right now.

its dark when i go to work and dark when i get off at 4:30pm :(

we have not seen anymore snow since this event, it got really cold (-10 to -20) and hasnt warmed up a whole lot. they say this weekend we may see somthing.

i got the truck running well so i'm happy about that, i'm all ready for the real snow!

6. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

You should take that 91 to that chevy dealer where you shot those pics and trade it in on a new one!

7. 91AK250

chevy dealer? thats my work, we do flat beds, plows..ect

trade it in? why the hell would i trade it in? its a perfectly good truck with 65k miles, new paint, bunch of upgrades. i use it for hauling trash in the summer and plowing in the winter..and if i was to trade on anything which i wouldnt...it would be on a real truck. a ford, thanks!

8. gkm

gkm Senior Member

how about start sending some of that cold & snow to the east coast on the lower 48:nod:

9. 91AK250

we got a storm in tonight, was supposed to be 1-3" but turned into 6" pretty quick.

so far this season i've had a few kinks to work out, first it was a loose plug wire. then tonight in the middle of a driveway the plow solenoid died on me..leaving me scratching my head wtf was i gonna do at midnight on the day before thanksgiving. so i put my thinking cap on and grabed a starter solenoid off one of my parts trucks and bam i was back in action!! finished up the drive and then did my own before going to bed.

so heres some pics of the progression of the night.

i just ran about 10 miles round trip w/my excursion and this is what the back looked like haha
    [​IMG]

it was coming down pretty good, kinda hard to tell in the pics tho
    [​IMG]

got home and started up the truck and the other car/trucks because they would have to be moved.
    [​IMG]

i got to work
    [​IMG]

10. 91AK250

the new beacons and rear work lights did there job and i'm very happy with them.
    [​IMG]

getting some piles, not very big but getting there
    [​IMG]

the banks in my driveway are allready getting to the height of the plow
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I think you posted before but I cannot recall, what are the leds above the mirror? Question dos, your running rought was due to a loose plug wire?

12. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

looking good man ! its nice having work lights when working in country :nod:

13. 91AK250

the LED's are some ebay specials i got in '07..i have been pleasently surprised by them..they are pretty bright and work well. for $100 they were well worth it IMO.

yeah the misfire was a loose plug wire, it was barly on there. i checked them all and did some other maint at the same time to hopfully insure no other issues with the truck this season.

yes the work lights make all the differance!

14. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

the more pictures of your truck i see the more i love that color

15. 91AK250

we got hit with another 10" oh HEAVY NASTY WET snow yesterday..i had that stuff i must say!

i hate even more the mud tires i have on the truck, i'm looking for some good used studded snow tires now since some of the drives i do poses a huge possibly of gettig stuck badly.

otherwise the poor truck worked great today..took a hell of a beating and never whined one bit i was rather poud of the old girl.

anyhow on with the pictures.

what i woke up to at 8am
    [​IMG]

my poor truck had to sit outside since my dad wanted his truck in the garage because he went shopping at 3:30am for black friday lol
    [​IMG]

i back dragged the main parking area of my driveway and headed out to do my customers drives.
    [​IMG]

roads have not really been plowed since either of these stroms due to the holiday so they were alittle messy
    [​IMG]

16. 91AK250

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my grandmas house
    [​IMG]

17. 91AK250

[​IMG]

[​IMG]