1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Better late then ever!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by William B., Jan 8, 2006.

1. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Got the plow mounted this weekend. The mount took about 1/2 hr and the wiring took me and a buddy about 3 hrs. For some reason we started doing the wiring at midnight Friday night. Not sure why. Anyways here are some pics. The second shows with the plow up, third with the plow down, and the fourth shows the Western Backdrag edge. Let me here your feedback. I can't decide on Timbrens.There is also no ballast in the bed. What do you think?

William

plow1 (Small).JPG

plow3 (Small).JPG

plow4 (Small).JPG

plow5 (Small).JPG

plow6 (Small).JPG

Last edited: Jan 8, 2006
  2. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

You Finally GOT A PLOW!!! Looks good my man!

3. bigjeeping

bigjeeping Senior Member

Look nice.... can't go wrong with a western :drinkup:

4. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

Looks good...

btw... "Better late thAn Never"

5. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Thanks. I have a crappy memory and even worse at spellin.

William

6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

William, Finally got her eh? That's a sweet unit, i like the backdrag edge too!

Now all we need is some snow.....

7. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Glad to see you got a plow.

As far as timbrens, from the pictures, it does not look like you need them at all. Have you cranked the torsion bars up at all?

I would definately add some weight to the back (if it were me around 700-800 LBS). Other then that, looks like your good to go.

8. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice setup! You will love it!:salute:

9. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

LOOKS GREAT!!!!!!:waving:

10. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

congrats will. Im still waiting to use my new blade too i cant wait. The truck looks sweet with that western:drinkup:

11. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Tonight I got my Timbrens installed. To be honest with you they were a PITA to install. It took me and a friend over an hour to install the stupid little things. We kept having a problem get the bolt to start straight. Damn thing just didn't want to. The truck does seems to sit up higher in the front end and the ride is a little stiffer but not unbareable by any means. We are supose to get 6+ this weekend so hopefully I will get to try them and the plow out. Although with my luck I probably just jinxed myself.

William

12. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Nice truck and plow, you probably can't wait for snow so you can start makin' payup

By the way my eyes are bad but in your picture "plow3" it looks like your lights on the plow are torked, guess it's just an optical illusion, LOL.

13. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

It might be the angle of the blade making it look that way. The truck was also parked caddy corner across the driveway when I took the pics. Thanks for the compliments.

William

14. SNHSERV05

SNHSERV05 Junior Member

nice truck , glad to see you got the plow now, looks great

15. SNHSERV05

SNHSERV05 Junior Member

cja1987 I see you have a 2000 f-150, with a curtis quick hitch, is that an extended cab or regular cab. and how do you like the plow setup, how does it perform, email me I have 2000 f-150 also looking to install plow on it. email me @ jtdservices@verizon.net thanks, got any pics of it send me one. thanks

16. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

17. Rgory

Rgory Member

So did you get a chance to take her out and see how she does pushing? Nice setup.

Ryan

18. motoxdk24

motoxdk24 Member

i do the same thing all the time....start huge projects in the shop at like midnight, and even sometimes later! its weird, like a midnight rush or somethin