1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Better Late Than Never!!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BOSSMAN21, Dec 7, 2010.

1. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Well guys, I know this is a little late, because we have already had a storm. But I am in the market for a new plow, I want to stay with Fisher and I think I want to go with a SS X Blade this time. I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on the difference in price between the 8'6" SS Extreme V, Vs. the 8' SS X blade? Thanks guys. Thumbs Up

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

About $400 diffrence....I know what I would do.

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd go with the V plow too. Are you getting rid of the EZV?

4. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Already got rid of the EZ V. But I contacted my dealer, and he has a 2009 8 Foot X blade for $4,600, brand new SS. Is that a good deal? He said the 8'6" SS Xtreme V, was about $5,799 installed. Just wondering your thoughts. I want a SS I know that. Im just not sure how much my V helped me when I switched in the first place. I was thinking a set of wings for the X Blade if I went with that.

5. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Oh yeah, and anyone know how much the wings are? ThanksThumbs Up

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

That's an ok price for the straight blade.....if it's installed! Old lights or new?

I can get the SS 8.5 XtremeV for $4405, you would then need another $180 to add multiplex wiring to your truck. So for $4585, you can have a brand new SS XtremeV......Agan, I know which way I would go.

The wings are $580! I wouldn't waste your $$ on them myself.

7. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Screw the wings and the V and go for the XLS. I have it and love it way better than my old X-blade.

8. plowguy43

Sh*t I know who I'm calling when I'm ready to buy. Does that price include push plates?

9. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

I think the XLS would be way to heavy for my truck.

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

No, no plates, lighting harness, or controller. Just run the extra multiplex setup in line with your current and your good to go...other then the controller anyway. But they can be had on EBay or CL cheaper then you can get them at the dealers.

11. plowguy43

How much can you get an XLS for? Is it the price you told us at the meet?

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

Depending on what front GAWR is. I have one on my 02 2500 HD.

13. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

I agree that it's an ok price. Not spectacular but I guess you need to decide what you want to spend. $1100 is a lot of money to most folks. If you can swing it, go with the V.

14. RepoMan207

from Maine

Add $180 plus the controller....Plus of coarse the 12 pack we will drink while putting it together.

15. RepoMan207

from Maine

How did the trip go?

No $1100 needed, just an additional tank of gas and he will save that amount and jump up to a V.

16. plowguy43

Of course!:drinkup:

17. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Well that is true, if you do enough commercial plowing then th V will definitely save you money.

The trip......let's not talk about that, what a f***show. Send me a PM and I can give you the scoop on that. Granted most of it is my fault. Hope the meet and greet went well. Let me know if you guys have another one.

18. plowguy43

There will be another one.....oh yes....there will be another.....

19. RepoMan207

from Maine

Yes....yes, there will!

20. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

I think I want to go with the X Blade. I dont really need a V and cant justify the cost. I think I will get the Rubber deflector but forget about the wings for now.