1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Better get your BOSS NOW!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jdjoe_97, Nov 20, 2001.

1. jdjoe_97

jdjoe_97 Member

Hey just wanted to let you all know. I got off the phone with a Boss dealer. They said that boss orders are swamping the manufacturer. She said mine wouldn't get there til Dec. 10th and that's only if I can get mine on a shipment that is already slated for delivery.

I just wanted to pass this along incase some of you are getting ready to buy one, you may want to hurry up!!. I got a excellent price I think, 8' 2" V, with smartlock cylinders, deflector, and smartchtouch hand held controller for just under $3700 cash and carry. I am installing this my self. FYI they sell deflectors for only $50 if you guys want to get any. They are a manufacturer of large plows for municipalities I guess. PM me and I can give you the info if interested. This is alot cheaper than BOSS's gold pot of $175- 225 for there's!! Joe
  2. Randy Scott

Randy Scott Senior Member

I paid $3565 for my 8'2" V. I installed it myself also. Took almost 4 weeks to get mine from time I ordered it to delivery. That was about 3 weeks ago it came in. I'm sure there is even more orders now .
  3. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

Sounds like a sales tactic. (Gives you a sense of urgency)

1.) MJ Electric (maker of Boss Plow) is probably already working on next years plow.

2.) It's the end og November, you'd think most people have ordered, installed and prepped all plow equipment by now.
  4. jdjoe_97

jdjoe_97 Member

How did the installation go? Anything I should look for or do before I attempt the install. I am putting it on a 2500 Chevy 98' . Just curious. I talked with a Boss dealer that is also a Chevy dealer said the subframe with bolt right on. I am a little concerned the wiring will be comlex. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks Joe
  5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott Senior Member

It took me a weekend to do it but I really took my time and tried to lay all the wiring out real nice and clean like the factory. I never put one on before so I wanted to make sure I did it right. The wiring realisticly is quite basic and the directions are pretty thorough. I have a 2000 Ford and I took out the battery tray and airbox so the 4 relays could get mounted to the radiator support nicely. I couldn't get a drill in there or air ratchet to start the self tapping screws that's why. You really shouldn't have any trouble if you have some mechanical ability about yourself.
    Drilling the holes in the truck frame was no big deal for mounting the carriage assembly. That took about two hours with pulling the bumper off and so forth.
    One thing is to make sure and read the section about filling the pump up while the plow assembly is leaning forward on the ground. I kinda got ahead of myself and mounted the plow assembly and then manually pushed it back and locked it to the truck. In doing that I pulled air into the system. Read the directions and you will know what I'm talking about. Then bleeding it was a pain in the a$$. I got it though and it all works fine, just need some snow now. All in all, it went o.k. Next one will be lots easier. Some guys say it takes them 4 hours. I don't know about that and I would like to see their idea of a good job, but whatever. Take your time and do it right, it'll be fine. Good luck.
  6. Or you could jus go to da U.P. and pick it up from da factory.