1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Better get ready, even you southern guys

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GeoffD, Nov 26, 2000.

1. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

2. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

From the map I'd say we're only due for snow showers here but the forecast has us with snow showers on Wednesday and snow on Thursday. I guess we'll know for sure by Friday. Whatever, we're about as ready as can be, BRING IT ON!!!!
  3. DaveO

DaveO PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Ma.

If your right, I'll even send ya one of those nice cheese&cracker "things". Like Digger does!!

4. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

OH LOOK!!! There's nothing ANYWHERE CLOSE to Illinois. Maybe next week...[​IMG]

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Looks like Boston is going to be right on that dreaded rain- snow line. I guess I'll have to cross all my fingers on wednesday night.
  6. matthew Urban

matthew Urban Senior Member

thursday night

We 're as ready as can be in west. mass
  7. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

Man, when are you guys going to figure out that weather.com sucks? The new models runs from 00Z don't show a large amount of measureable precipitation for NE as the old runs. However, that could and probably change.
  8. Greenman2ooo

Greenman2ooo Banned

Lucky 13

In regards to your signature:

Make that a lucky 13 homeless people shoveling for you if it doesn't start snowing soon. ;) I'll be coming to see ya. I'll bring my Monkey Warts tractor with snowblower. We could do every mall in your town it's so productive.

No, I really don't have a garden tractor in case you were wondering.

I'm glad you are here to liven things up for us.

BTW- Would you be kind enough to pass on some of the good weather resources you use?
  9. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

My local weather guys are still saying snow for thursday. If I am wrong on this one, I am going to have a lot of guys pissed at me.

10. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

Drop me a line at iowastorm@uswest.net with your email address and I'll forward you some good wx links for forecasting.
  11. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

One forecast shows snow and temp in the 30s, another rain ands temp in the 40s.

Either way, Id best get my roof out of the back of my truck and get some sand/salt mix.
  12. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

At the present the forecast for the Champlain Valley is nothing more pressing than a 30% chance of show showers through the end of the week. I'm bummed, I want SNOW!! Sure would be nice to have something to bill this month, other than the contract jobs