1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Better business bureau

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JD PLOWER, Sep 30, 2003.

1. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

The better business bureau has just called us telling us that we have no complaints against us and would we like to join? They say $400 and they can get us a direct link to our site from theirs. They claim over 10,000 hits per day on their site but we didn't get into details about who goes their (commercial or residential). The price is high but so is just about every other form of advertising in this region ( you don't want to know what a one line yellow pages add costs :eek: ) but if we get one job from it it's worth it.

Any one else have experience with this type of advertising or the bbb? And what did it cost you, if you don't mind me asking :D .

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

I was with them for years,and got tired of the high yearly premiums,and little or no benefits.

People who call to check you out will get your rating if your registered with them or not,so it doesn't matter.I recieved little or no business from their advertising of our business.

The only benefit to being a member is to be able to use their logo on your advertising,invoices,etc.People like to see the logo as it is very well recognized.

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Look at it this way if you have no complaints then your OK.They have been trying to get us to join for years.So I have to pay them to say I am complaint free I myself never look at them but from other people that would use a certain contractor word of mouth is your best advertising.So I would say to there $400 it's not worth it because you have no complaints against you .

4. Michael F

Michael F Senior Member

They've called several times to get us to join. Didn't seem worth the $ 400.00.

5. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

Your money would be better spent by joining a local rotary club or similar business group that does community work. Its good for you to get involved in your community and a BIG Plus is the networking you can do with other business leaders in your community. Thats how I finally got in touch with my agent and got a great deal on my gl insurance.

Ray