1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Betcha don't have one of these!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by blmc5150, Jan 21, 2011.

1. blmc5150

blmc5150 Member

MVC-018S.JPG

MVC-019S.JPG

Yes, that is a rear window wiper. Works awesome!! Been running them for 30 years!

MVC-018S.JPG

MVC-019S.JPG

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Well whats it off of?

3. MJay

MJay Member

Dear Santa,
    I've seen what I want for Christmas, any chance of an early delivery? Will provide extra cookies and milk.
    Thank You
    From the Kid that never grew up.

4. blmc5150

blmc5150 Member

The motor is off a 70's I think Land Rover and just a 12" or 14" blade from NAPA.
    Whole or skim milk? Chocolate chip or sprinkles? Lol

5. absolutely

absolutely Senior Member

I have so much tint on my back windows I can hardly see out of them in the daylight. Not sure what it's like to actually use my rear window when I plow, must be nice!

6. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

:laughing::laughing:

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

wow, never thought of that.. then again i never used the back window to look out

8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

My rear window never really gets enough on it to require a wiper, but neat idea.

9. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I agree. I never use my rear window. To lazy to turn around. I just use mirrors

10. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I use my rear window a lot and I have thought about this but I would magnetic mount it to the roof. I couldn't get the drill out and drill into the roof. Atleast not on my personal truck. Maybe a crown vic I was putting a lightbar or something.

11. SSS Inc.

SSS Inc. PlowSite Fanatic

Awesome idea. We don't run sanders or anything in our boxes so I use the rear window all the time. When the neck gets sore I'll use the mirrors. During our little blizzard in December I would have paid a $1000 bucks for that little wiper. The wind was blowing so hard it covered the mirrors and rear window in like a minute. Had to get out and scrape all the time. I have always thought about a wiper but just never did it. Kudos to you for getting it done. I think I'll try to get a motor from Jcwhitney or something and do the same.

Thanks for posting, you have inspired me.

12. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

That picture has to be off a Chevy cause Ford dosen't offer a rear defrost. If you have a defrost why would you need the wiper...really

Otherwise pretty cool, I guess.

13. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

14. SSS Inc.

SSS Inc. PlowSite Fanatic

I guess I'll disconnect the front wipers since I have defrost up there. :salute:

I wouldn't need it every storm but when the wind, snow and temps are just right I would def. use it. Even with defrost, staring through water drops isn't much better then snow or ice.

15. JohnRoscoe

JohnRoscoe Senior Member

Sure they do, My 2005 Lariat has rear defrost wires, on the same switch as the heated mirrors.

16. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

In my experience, the flat rear window on pick em up's picks up a lot less snow and crap then rounded ones like my tahoe. Either way my rear windshield wiper does even work because I module inside the motor is out and I am still having trouble getting myself to pay as much as they want for it. Both I think are very clever, I commend you BLMC for having the balls to drill through your cab, and I really hope it works. I personally don't think I could stomach it. Although I like that aftermarket design, the one of the things to that comes to mind is flex, it would seem to have no effect, but I've been proven wrong many times before.

17. absolutely

absolutely Senior Member

He has lights drilled into his cab also, so what is another hole? Not something I would do but it works for him!

18. blmc5150

blmc5150 Member

Thanks guys. I knew this would get a rise and some kicks outta a few of ya. People around here about crap themselves when they see it too.

That's exactly what we have them on for, when it's blowing snow or wet snow that sticks to everything. It works great for that. I don't use it all nite long, just flip it in when I need I clear spot. JCWhitney is where we have bought them lately.

It is a Chevy, but we have them on our Fords and Dodges we had. I put the defrost in myself aftermarket. The wiper was already installed though, but as stated it does help get all the water off the window to see clearer....hey I live by seeing out my window.

It's only one little 3/8" hole:) But some back windows are curved a bit so we just get a flexed blade so I gets everything pretty clean. We've sold trucks after 14 years w/ the original motor in them so we've never had a problem burning them up.

No holes anywhere else in the cab. Oops, except for the antennae for our 2way radios. Those backup lights are on a bar.

19. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

20. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

awesome view of my salt dogg . i may try that