1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bet you can't beat this!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ibelee, Jan 16, 2006.

1. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Today I ran my 3500 into the rear end of my 2500 and I think I totaled them both.

Sun in my eyes, my Superintendent stopped for the red light I couldn't see.

The 2500 is now a short bed and the front of the 3500 looks like an accordian.

No one was hurt accept for my feelings. I'll find out soon how bad this will hurt my pocket.

I think "Badluck" should give up his screen name to me.

2. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

I would be rolling some serious crocodile tears down my cheeks over that!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

And I thought I had a bad day. Got a call for sanding. Only job for the day. Loaded up and sanded the driveway for a $30 job. At the very end of the run, the truck died. Wouldn't start. Got a mechanic to drive out and look at it. Found it was "airlocked" - air pocket in the fuel line. Still don't know what it's going to cost - but I'm sure that it won't be as bad as that.:eek:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2006
  4. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

You say you ran into your truck with your truck? If that is the case your bad day hasn't even started yet.

I found out the hard way that my insurance Co. will not pay for dammage to my property that I cause. Hope yours is better then mine.

5. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Insurance

Spoke to Allstate yesterday afternoon.

After explaining to the lady twice that, yes, both vehicles involved in the accident were mine, and yes, I ran my own truck into the rear of my own truck, then waiting for her to stop laughing...she was actually pretty cool about it.

She said that both vehicles would be covered, there would be no deductable because both vehicles were under the same policy, and that the gap insurance would still cover both vehicles if needed.

I think I'm gonna hate to see my insurance rates after this is over.

You know what gets me though? Neither of the Air Bags went off! Somehting doesn't seem right about that.

6. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

well how fast are you going. airbags are designed to go off at 35mph+ an airbag deployment will also automatically raise your repair bill bout 2,500.

7. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

Wow At least there is no snow in the forecast for rest of Jan.

8. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Wow, that certainly rivals Bad Luck's problems...:dizzy:

Next time you guys head out give one or the other a 10 minute headstart, or take different routes... :D

Buck

9. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

I think I would be sure to keep that insurance co. I double checked with mine and they confirmed what I had said about me owning both pieces of eq. But I was relying on liability insurance cot comprehensive.

10. salopez

salopez Senior Member

air bags are designed for front impacts mostly. It take quit a jarring to set them off in a rear collision.

11. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Bummer. Got pics?

12. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Allstate is awesome. Good luck with it.

13. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

I am wondering what caused this? Man I hope they can take care of it quickly for you.

14. Young Pup

Well how bad are the estimates? I am glad to report I have not done anything like that. Good luck with it and I hope they get them back quick.

15. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Thanks, Pup. Yeah, he did really. We rode out to my truck in his. He took the fuel filter out and had me turn the ignition on and off till the air worked through it and started right up. It coughed and spit for about a half mile after that on the way back to his shop but has been running good since and today. It registered about 1/4 tank, but it was on a steep slope and I'm wondering if air got in the that way.

Can't beat neighborhood mechanics. He's got all the electronic diagnostic tools for the diesels, too. Not the first time he's helped me out in a pinch.

16. Young Pup

Now that is what I call service. That is awesome. Now that is the type of guys that you want to keep on speed dial on your phone. Glad to hear you are up and running.

JP

17. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Mick,
    Do you think the jarring action of plowing contributed? I've often wondered about that kind of thing. Glad you got it taken care fairly easily.

Buck

18. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Was reminded of when I was a little kid, my family was really into stock car racing. A guy who eventually came to drive for us, at the time had his own car. He was leading a race for the first time, was all set to win when he ran out of fuel on the last lap. Race ended, he went and got a can of gas, put it in, got it fired up and drove it into the pits way too fast because he was extremely mad. He proceeded to drive it up onto his trailer, over the toolbox and up onto the bed of the truck. Wrecked the engine and front suspension of the race car, the toolbox, and both rear bed sides of his pickup truck. And the people who were already laughing at him laughed even harder. It's always worse when there's no one to blame but yourself.